Kids Bizz Early Education Centre is a place where children, parents, extended family and trained educators come together to develop the unique potential of each individual child. We recognise the important role family’s play as being a child’s first and most important teacher. We believe that by working in a partnership with family’s to ensure concepts and experiences are relevant to children that we are creating a comfortable environment with the highest opportunity for learning. We believe that children are capable and involved learners who are naturally curious about the world around them. To foster this curiosity child led experiences are paired with specific intentional teaching opportunities as we lead children through their development. Kids Bizz Early Education Centre delivers programs inspired by the standards of learning outlined in The Early Years Learning Framework and The Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines.
Kids Bizz Early Education Centre prioritises three overarching values: Respect, Encourage, and Nurture.
- At Kids Bizz we respect that the traditional owners of the land, the Gubbi Gubbi Peoples, and their culture hold a necessary place in our environment and learning.
- We respect that both the natural and constructed the environment is a valuable resource worthy of our care, and we endeavour to support children to become environmentally conscious and able to look after these spaces.
- Children are viewed as individuals who are worthy of respect, and who are encouraged to make their own decisions. Children are encouraged to share their opinions and are a heard voice when deciding on our routines, practices, policies and day to day experiences.
- We encourage enthusiastic participation by children in all our environments by creating physical spaces that are inspiring, appropriately challenging, and aesthetically pleasing.
- Educators make continual improvements to their practice through personal reflections and professional team discussions. Educators are encouraged to, and are provided many opportunities to continue their education and knowledge to ensure that we are providing care that is based upon best practice and current research.
- Play is a fixed feature of all of our environments and interactions. Children are encouraged to play to learn, as well as staff being encouraged to continue to be an active member in a child’s play and imagination.
- Relationships with children are paramount to the success of our centre and are therefore a priority in all of our actions. Every year staff undertake Circle of Security Training, a relationship based program designed to value relationships as an effort is made to form secure attachments with all children.
- Reciprocal relationships with families are nurtured. We find value in creating an environment where families are welcomed, supported and heard.
- Kids Bizz recognises that a nurtured relationship with wider aspects of our community is a valuable resource as children develop and learn. We endeavour to build relationships through inviting visitors to our centre, having excursions, and also by developing relationships with professionals in the community.
Our centre philosophy is an ever developing structure that is reviewed yearly to ensure it is aligned to our current beliefs and values. Educators, families and children are all encouraged to be involved in the creation of our philosophy.
Our Mission for Kids Bizz
At Kids Bizz, we believe in continuous improvement and working in the best interest of the child, as the underpinning value of our philosophy. Management and educators are dedicated to making continual improvements to make sure that we are providing care based upon best practice. Staff are continually reflecting on and managing the day to day learning environment in accordance with their own professionally developed observations and programs through the guidance of the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Framework – Quality Improvement Accreditation System.
The educators of Kids Bizz are continually engaging in professional development, and sharing and collaborating through professional conversations to ensure that we are continually improving our practice in providing the children in our care the best possible opportunities to support all areas of development within the individual child.
Kids Bizz staff are guided by the “Staying Healthy Preventing Infectious Diseases in Early Childhood Education and Care Services” to ensure standards relating to hygiene and infection control are maintained in accordance with best practice. We believe that the management and placement of educators contribute to the belonging, being and becoming of each child through consistency of care and taking advantage of the personal strengths, professional experiences and individual diversity each educator brings.
We use a range of educator communication strategies to ensure each child has been supported throughout the day and that a true picture of the child’s day can be given to the parent when they are picked up. At Kids Bizz we encourage and enjoy positive relationships with our children, families and the community. We participate in community events and provide events within the centre to encourage our families to participate in the children’s programs. Our parent surveys, as well as incidental feedback drives improvement in our centre to better meet the needs of our community.