3 years – 5 years
The Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline (QKLG) aims to specifically enrich children’s learning in the Kindergarten year. Kids Bizz Early Education Centre offers a Queensland Government Approved Kindergarten Program which is run under these guidelines, by our univeristy qualified Teacher.
The learning and development areas describe the breadth of knowledge, skills and dispositions that children explore during the Kindergarten year within a holistic learning program. In addition, teachers work with family, community and other partners to negotiate learning and development priorities.
Teachers use the learning and development areas to plan opportunities to engage children in integrated learning through play, real-life engagements, routines and transitions. The learning and development areas are Identity, Connectedness, Wellbeing, Active Learning and Communicating.
We believe that children are active, competent learners who learn through interactions with people, objects, symbols and ideas. Through interactions, teachers and children jointly construct learning as they collaboratively investigate, explore and build on ideas and thinking. Through these purposeful interactions, teachers also build connections between children’s prior, past and future learning across the day and the Kindergarten year.
Preparing You Child for Senior Kindy
Your child will be expected to spend increasingly longer periods of time on activities throughout the year and to grow in independence. To assist your child in these areas there a a few things you could do at home.
- Encourage them to open container and package, dress themselves and find their own socks and shoes.
- Encourage them to finish tasks, such as reading a book, completing a puzzle and putting it away when finished.
- Point out numbers and letters in the environment and talk about what they are and why we have them, eg numbers on letters boxes.
- Ask them what they think will happen at the end of a book you are reading together.
- Encourage them to listen and then follow a simple instruction.
- Read, read and read some more to your child each day.
If your child turns 4 before 30th June, they are ready for the exciting world of Senior Kindy!
Senior Kindy is different to Junior Kindy in that we are teaching the children to get ready for prep the next year. Here are a few pieces of information for you.
- More structures than Junior Kindy – but we still have plenty of free choice activities and outside play.
- Our kindergarten program runs from 8 am to 4 pm, 5 days a week.
- To be a part of the kindergarten program children must attend a minimum of 15 hours per week (2 days per week)
- Our kindergarten program does not run during school holidays; instead, an informal program is prepared and your child’s booked days remain the same.
- Our kindergarten program is delivered by a qualified early Childhood Teacher, registered with the Queensland college of teachers.